Monday, November 21, 2005

find a dog, part II

Pete & I went to look for a dog on Saturday we went to the SPCA, Pound, Petsmart (41st street), Humane Society and Petsmart (Hell).

1st was the SPCA where I found Nash & Ali Both great dogs.

2nd was the Pound............. I will never go back to the Pound, ever. It was so bad, the smell, the barking.

3rd was Petsmart, A.R.F. had some dogs on show. A.R.F. is great org. They do not have a shelter but foster the dogs about to volunteer families. I did not find a dog here but I will be back to look after Thankgiving.

4th Humane Society, Not real happy about that place but it was better than the Pound.

Last place was the Petsmart at 71st. Not sure who was organized that but they where BAD!!! They where setup in the middle of the store. Had about 5 to 6 volunteers who knew nothing about the dogs. when I say nothing I mean NOTHING you know the simple stuff like sex, breed. All the volunteers where sitting in folded chair gossping. When I went up to ask about a dog they acted like I was interupting them and did not get up from their chair. The topper was when the dogs started barking, they would take a squirt bottle and squirt them, from their chairs. FROM THEIR FUCKING CHAIR!!! I wish i had gotten a name but I was so pissed off I left. (please note that Petsmart was not part of the organiztion)

The upside of the day was, I think I found a dog... Nash, from the top, he looks like great dog. He did not bark and was very calm. I am going back, the saturday after next. If he is still there I will get him.

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 2:57 PM, Blogger Schroger said...

He looks like a smart dog too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home