Monday, December 12, 2005

Tulsa Release Date for Brokeback Mountain

>From: "Troy Sageser"
>Subject: Brokeback Mountain's tentative release date

I wanted to give you a heads-up on the tentative release date of Brokeback Mountain, as I have had lots of people asking me about it lately.

This weekend, it only opened in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. We just found out yesterday that Focus Features (the film's distributor) has decided to release it to Tulsa on February 3rd. That date is of course tentative and may change. It could be earlier if the film exceeds the distributor's expectations in other markets. I'll keep you in the loop if it changes.

As always, thanks for your interest and support of these films. If you have any questions, comments or e-mail referrals, please feel free to e-mail me!

1 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 10:53 AM, Blogger ThomG said...

I've also heard Jan. and two people called me over the weekend to ask if I'd heard the movie had been banned in OK (this is technically not possible). I'm guessing they will move nationwide release up pretty quickly considering how well the movie did over the weekend and all of the positive press that it got(it had the highest per screen gross of any film in 2005 and earned best film of the year accolades from several influential media outlets). Strategically, that would make the most sense - if they get Oscar nods, they can prolong the life of the film into Jan/Feb, but if they don't it will be hard. The distributor would be foolish not to capitalize on the momentum they have right now. Nationwide release this weekend would really make the most sense...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home