Thursday, December 08, 2005

Going Back in the Closet


I discovered C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia when I was 9 or 10 years old. I was absolutely spellbound; I think I devoured the entire series in about a week. So, naturally I'm excited to see the film version of The Chonicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (not closet) which opens this weekend. As with The Lord of the Rings, there is something magical about having a world created for you which you've previously only been able to see with your mind's eye. And it looks as if the crew, which includes the Weta special effects studio of LOTR fame, has done an amazing job. Even if the movie sucks, it's going to be beautiful to watch.

But really, how can you go wrong with a movie with talking beaver and the ever-ethereal Tilda Swinton looking fabulous as the White Witch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home