Friday, March 09, 2007

Rufus' Ode to Tulsa and Brandon Flowers


Arjanwrites reports Rufus Wainwright's upcoming album Release The Stars includes a track entitled "Tulsa" which pay homage to The Killers frontman Brandon Flowers. Here's a sample of the lyrics:

You taste of potato chips in the morning.
Your face has the Marlon Brando club calling.
And then the thought that I owe it all to Tulsa.
And that fat guy with the Queen shirt that we both signed together.
Wanting it for someone who'd been down forever.
Your suit was the whitest thing since you-know-who.
I feel that that saviour I've been ... may be you.
And then the thought that I owe it all to Tulsa.
And that poor girl who waited in the rain for hours to meet me...
completely.
And I owe it all to Tulsa... just a reminder
Of the antiques shop I want to go back to and visit when it´s open
In Tulsa
Oklahama...
this song's about you.
Refresh my memory. They didn't play together in Tulsa, did they? Same night, different venues? I think I was out of town.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home