Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Confess...


I have an enormous erection and won't be able to leave my desk for some time.

I just finished listening to Confessions on a Dance Floor, the new Madonna album which comes out next week. Those of you who couldn’t care less may sod off now.

I won’t go into a lengthy review [I pretty much agree with Andy, though]. Suffice it to say the album is great, especially after her last two efforts. Madge has come out swinging and managed to stay fresh while paying tribute to her lengthy career all at the same time. There’s a heavy 80’s/disco vibe running through much of the album with hints of past hits running the gamut from Like a Prayer to Candy Perfume Girl. Yes, she has a Kaballah song, a fun tribute to NYC and a couple of songs that seem to say to her detractors, “Fuck off – let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” Stuart Price has outdone himself as producer – the remixes are going to be amazing.

So that’s it; she did it. She redeemed herself. She is still a marketing-whore genius. She is still Bitch Queen of the Universe, and as Robbie Williams said after seeing her perform at the MTV Europe Awards last week (pictured above), "She's amazing. She's an absolute legend. I can't believe she's 89 and looks like that."

Oh, and it’s in the other place.

5 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 3:57 PM, Blogger Schroger said...

Thom did you figure out the decoding?

 
At 11/09/2005 4:02 PM, Blogger ThomG said...

I don't know. These files didn't come from iTunes and were Mp3s. I reloaded the Herby Hancok album like you said. Will you check it out when you have a moment - they still did not have an Mp3 suffix.

 
At 11/09/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger Schroger said...

I will check them out.

 
At 11/10/2005 7:28 AM, Blogger Schroger said...

Herbie Hancock works great, Thanks

 
At 11/10/2005 10:54 AM, Blogger ThomG said...

Cool, I'll redo the others...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home