Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Good Witch

Broken Arrow's Kristin Chenoweth [Tony Award winner, Glinda the Good Witch in the original cast of Wicked, Annabeth Schott on The West Wing among many other
things] has been uninvited to perform in the Oklahoma City "Women of Faith"
concert this November. It seems to be a real Woman of Faith one has to hate the
homogays, and Chenoweth isn't towing the American Taliban's party line.

This quote from the pint-sized diva seems to have pushed the OKC zealots
over the edge:
“I am a Christian and I don't want there to be any confusion about what I believe or who I am. I don't believe gay people are going to hell. I believe that judgment is left to the one upstairs and I believe Jesus is all about love.”

Hmmm. Admittedly, I'm a bit of backslider, but I thought that was exactly what Christianity was all about. Besides, girlfriend knows who her fans are. The Women of Faith ain't fillin' the seats on Broadway. via Queerty

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 11:11 AM, Blogger Schroger said...

Wicked is on Broadway?

 
At 9/29/2005 11:25 AM, Blogger ThomG said...

ummm... yeah, where have you been? I thought that was why you were reading the book.

http://www.wickedthemusical.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home