Thursday, July 21, 2005

Danna Drank the Kool Aid



And I think she ordered a venti...

The whole zoo/creation exhibit thing has largely blown over, but we're still getting lots of response from those poor Christians which everyone at the zoo hates and has made it our mission to persecute. This is one of my favorites of the emails we've received. I've taken no liberties - this is verbatim.

THis is primarily to the Board of Directors that voted not to have the creation display!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on ALL OF U!
What is UR problem?
THis absolutely makes my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!How DARE ANY of u to take it upon urselves this kind of decision and NOT put it to a vote of the citizens! WE are the ones that keep that ZOO running! Well I choose NOT to patronize the Tulsa ZOO anylonger!
By the way, did u ask God what he thought about it?
I dare u to ask him! U CANNOT take ur next breath without his permission!

GOD Bless America!
In GOD WE TRUST!
Danna

Now read the article that Daniel linked to and tell me why we're still living in Jesusland.

2 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 4:13 PM, Blogger Schroger said...

THOM... PLease post MORE of those. I KNOW they make UR heart saD, but me LIKE. ME laughing on floor!!!!!!!!!! long time.

 
At 7/22/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger ThomG said...

I've deleted most of these - they give me heartburn and luckily I didn't have to respond to them.

Here's one more. This lady is truly crazy, but she makes me laugh. At the first Parks meeting she got up and said, "Katie bar the door and hang on cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride..." before launching in to full-on crazy... So, of course, she endeared herself to me...

Mr. Walker,
I believe that God created all the animals in the Zoo and Adam named them. It is a shame that the Tulsa Zoo will no longer support the creation theory which is the truth and the way. I was looking forward to Zoo visits with the foster children I will be taking into to my home to show the them the love that is missing in their lives and who they are in God and now I will not be able to do that.
Betty
[Bless those foster children in her care...]

Here's a funny one slamming Dick Hicks:
I do want my good friends at the Tulsa Zoo to know that I am NOT in anyway closely related to Dan Hicks. My Hicks family lore states that right after evolving from earlier ape lines, our Hicks lineage broke all association with the line that gave the bad name to being a "hick", the plural being "Hicks".

Ever since our family split, we have always referred to Dan's lineage as "Rubes", of course without offense to anybody bearing that name or even those proud people named Rubesberg, Rubenstein, Ruby, or any other deriviative.

I'm sure that broad-minded people will understand that there are different kinds of hicks. The hicks in my ancestry were simple, unsophisticated folk.
But once they had an opporturnity for an education, I know of none that continued being the hick that Dan Hicks persists in being today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home